The mission of Lakeland Christian School is to educate students in the light of God’s Word to equip them for a lifetime of learning, 领导, 服务和敬拜.
To be a Christian school of influence, characterized by academic excellence and caring community.
- Interact with the world in light of God’s Word with intellectual humility, worship, wonder, and awe
- Value exploration and inquiry in our learning
- Create opportunities for students to build character and develop resilience
- Incorporate innovative teaching strategies that promote the 21st century learning skills of collaboration, 沟通, 批判性思维, 和创造力
- Connect learning to practical application in life
- Provide teachers who have professional expertise and seek to continually grow in their field
As we cultivate spiritual growth, we seek to:
- Understand and apply the Word of God to every area of life
- Leverage moments of conflict, disappointment, or discipline to shepherd the hearts of students
- Provide opportunities for worshipping and praying together
- Expose students to the full scope of God’s Word
A Christ-centered community will seek to:
- Cultivate a culture of grace and truth that promotes humility and confidence, holding each other accountable in love
- Delight in and celebrate diversity as an expression of the image of God
- Value people in the way God has made them
- Promote learning in community across grade-levels 和纪律s
- Partner with families in the education process and support the mission of the Church
- Protect the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of others
Basis: The basis of the School shall be the Word of God as interpreted by the following statement of faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21-22; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 3:16; John 5:39)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Malachi 3:6; John 1: 1-3,14; John 10:30; John 15:26)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, 童贞女所生, 在他无罪的生命中, 在他的神迹里, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, 在他身体的复活中, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:27-35; John 1:1,14, 20; Romans 1:3-6; Romans 3:25; Romans 6:9; 联欢晚会tians 4:4; Philippians 2:6; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:1-2; Hebrews 9:14; 1 John 2:2)
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (John 6:44; Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 2:4-9; 1 Peter 3:18; Titus 3:5-7)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 15:26; 联欢晚会tians 5:16-18; 1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; Romans 8:1-11)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Ecclesiastes 7:14; Romans 14:12; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Hebrews 9: 27; Acts 24:15; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; I Thessalonians 4: 15-18; 2 Timothy 4:11)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (I John 3:16; 联欢晚会tians 6:10; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 1 John 5:11; 1 Peter 3:8; Ephesians 4:1-6, 13-16)
- We believe that God has established marriage as an exclusive relationship between one man and one woman and that all intimate sexual activity outside the marriage relationship, 是否异性恋, 同性恋, 或以其他方式, 是不道德的，因此是罪吗. (创. 2:24-25, Ex. 20:14, 17, 22:19，利未记. 18:22-23, 20:13, 15-16，马特. 罗19:4- 6,9. 林前1:18-31. 提前6:9-10,15-20. 1:8-11; Jude 7); We believe that God created the human race male and female and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than one’s birth gender 是不道德的，因此是罪吗. (创. 1:27; Deut. 22:5)
- We believe that because God created all human life it is of inestimable worth and to be 价值d and protected in all its dimensions from conception through natural death. (Ps. 139).
This 的声明 信仰 does not exhaust the extent of our 信仰. The scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inerrant and inspired Word of God, and speak with final authority concerning truth, 道德, 以及人类的正当行为. 为了学校的信仰, 学说, 教育哲学, 信仰, 核心价值观, 政策, 实践, 和纪律, the 董事会 has final interpretive authority on the meaning and application of the Bible.